Trying to use OWASP ZAP, but "Launch Browser button doesn't work in Automated Scan or Manual Explore

I'm using Pop!_OS linux on an acer laptop and trying to attack the site for a tutorial online (overthewire natas) that is meant for practice with every type of hacking. All updates related to owasp zap are installed firefox is up to date, but google chrome is not installed(and I'd like to keep it that way unless it proves to be the only way of solving my current dilemma)

When I try Automated scan the text at the bottom at the window division says "Failed to attack URL: received a 401 response code, expected 200". That's what happens when I use both traditional spider and ajax spider with firefox(headless and regular, along with every other option).

When I try Manual Explore, nothing simply happens, I press Launch Browser and the screen doesn't change.

submitted by /u/ye_sh1thead
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3foyavu

Comments