Is this music downloader legal?

I don't know if this is the right subreddit for this question or not, but I had to ask.

So, I made a python program to download song from JioSaavn ( a music streaming website) along with it's metadata.

My programs works by mimicking and making minor changes to the HTTP requests used by JioSaavn's web app to stream songs.

Now my question is, is this legal? I mean this method works by mimicking the web-app and accessing CDN URL's that are generally not exposed to public. By this method, I can get high quality songs from JioSaavn and download them directly from their CDN without having to subscribe. I don't even need a JioSaavn account or login to it.

Is it worth reporting to JioSaavn? Any thoughts?

submitted by /u/NEGMatiCO
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3uBkj9j

Comments