I believe my brother is suffering a psychotic break--he thinks his phone is being hacked.

I understand this may not be allowed per group rules, since I know nothing about hacking, but it's a doozy on the human interest side. In short, my little brother began believing he and his family are being followed, that his wife is hacking his phone (and others) and has gone down internet rabbit holes talking about hidden links and overlays and hidden meaning in text within apps. He has sent me the following photos. I've tried to tell him there is lots of default tracking app/info on phones--people/apps/companies do track you, but that's actually a normal part of apps these days.

https://imgur.com/a/3ULVJDf

He has accused his wife of hacking/tracking him, and she 'admitted it' to him--via saying "prove it" and then she LEFT TOWN WITH 5 OF HIS KIDS, only three of which are hers. Police won't let my mom file a missing person's/kidnapping because she at some point said he assaulted him.

If my partner accused me of something so outlandish, I'd probably skip town with all the kids too.... but if I'm trying to help my little brother, so who can I send him to to look into his phone and prove that everything is normal (or I guess, if something is actually legitimately wrong?) Are there any companies that would provide such a service?

submitted by /u/Bookworm57
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3fxQr9F

Comments