Decrypting 7zip after I was hit with QLocker Ransomware

Sadly I saw my QNAP NAS was hit with this and half of my 30tb was encrypted using 7zip. To make matters worse the hacking group's Onion site is now gone since this happened a month ago and I just noticed so no way to recover. Im attempting a recovery thru QNAP they just posted today (QRestore) but I dont know if its going to work.

Im not super technical in the world of hacking but willing to learn whatever is needed to learn the password so I can unlock my files. I see that brute force may be the only way. Any help is greatly appreciated! Or Id gladly send just one simple file if its something someone with better tools can somewhat easily find the password from. Thanks!!!

submitted by /u/RoachForLife
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3uoUY2i

Comments