Encrypted 7z files

So, I have a NAS at home which is online, and it has been hacked recently and all my girlfriend bizness files have been encrypted, by a so-called cryptolocker. The NAS anti-malware removed it but too late, all pdf and jpg and other files have been touched.

I first used Kraken, a windows password hacking tools, and with bruteforcing it, in 24hours it found a password for one of the file. But when I test the password it says that the file is unreadable.

So I'm testing another tool on a kali vm. I'm trying rarcrack rn with a-z and A-Z bruteforce attack.

I wanted to ask here if you fellows could have some other ideas or advice to help me recover these files. Dictionary text files to download for example

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/connardnumero1
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3xjPo45

Comments