Anyway to bypass the passcode on a IPod Touch (4th generation) without erasing the data?

Note: I’m not asking anyone to hack for me nor am I inquiring about someone else’s device, this is my own device and I want to get access to it myself

So, here’s the situation: I have an old old iPod touch that has precious data on it that I’d like to regain access to. Unfortunately, because it’s so old and because I was so young while using it, there’s a lot working against me here

  • the power button and home button do not work. The only way to turn it on is by plugging it in and having the screen light up

  • there are no known backups available due to me switching devices over the years

  • of course, I don’t remember the passcode. It’s at a 2k+ minute wait time.

  • I don’t know the iCloud account that’s on the device or the Apple ID. It doesn’t seem to be my current one.

Is there any sort of software or tricks that I can use to get passed this passcode without losing the data on it? Or is there anyway to find out what iCloud account is on a device? I’m new to hacking so sorry if this seems like a dumb set of questions.

I’m aware that I’m possibly just SOL, but would still appreciate any insight.

submitted by /u/sunset_bowlevard
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3gzYVOk

Comments