IP Logger Backfired?

I got a DM from a scammer so I decided to mess around with them. After them demanding to double my investment of $1,000 I wasted their time and registered a CashApp account to see their real name. The CashApp asked for SS$ and Debit Card to fully sign up which I didn't enter cause I have no intention of using CashApp. I used an IP Logger to find out that Everlyn, a pretty girl from New York was Ayahly Anderson from Montego Bay, Jamaica. After he realized I was messing with him he began reading out my contacts in my phone claiming to be a dark web hacker. I never clicked on any link or downloaded anything so I know that's not true, but where are my contacts available? Maybe because I used my number to register with Cash App he could see my contacts? But how would he know that the number provided is labelled as my Aunt? He claimed he used an app that gives feedback, and although I'm not worried about anything being stolen and I have nothing to hide, how could he access the names I gave my contacts? He didn't have access to anything else I'm assuming, so which application allows someone to see a minimum of contact names?

submitted by /u/rustjumper
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3w6we0C

Comments