How do I bypass internet restrictions on my Ethernet connection?

Some context: Video games like Overwatch and Valorant are blocked on my wifi connection, but I was still able to play these games by spoofing my MAC address. However, like with most wifi connections, I experienced ping spikes which made the games unplayable at times. So I plugged in an Ethernet cable into the wall, and my network connection was way better. But spoofing my MAC address doesn’t unblock games anymore.

I’ve tried changing my IPv4 DNS servers to the official Google ones, but I don’t think the usual solutions to network restrictions will work anymore now that I use Ethernet. Is there a way to bypass the restrictions while using Ethernet so that my game connection stays solid?

The router in use is by TP-Link. And also I’d prefer not to spend money on VPNs.

submitted by /u/tr3hw3h
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3sJ4ltO

Comments