Exhausted from studying

I got into this field thinking it'll make me look so cool just like many other teens. So usually I used to mess around with online tools and tutorials to hack around some old websites and stuff not much exciting. When I dived deep, I found out about programming and exploring weird machines, linux kernel hacking and lot more. So eventually I started from web dev to binary analysis and now I am passionate about linux kernel. I am trying to learn about elf binaries from the book Learning Linux Binary Analysis. I am on chapter four and I started this book about 2 months ago. I know I am a slow learner and this book is giving me all kinds of stress I can imagine. I am passing out my university next year and plan to look up for jobs in this field. But as my time is running out and I don't have much to put on my resume, I am a little worried as to what I am going to do. I feel so tired and burnt out learning about elf and kernel. Sometimes I feel like giving up. What should I do? Is hacking not my field? Many times I feel passionate about learning new stuff in this field but after a few hours of just solving errors in the code, I feel like I am done. I don't know how professionals get the work done in this field. Recently I saw a video on youtube about a serenityos vuln and I was amazed because at that time ptrace was what I was working around and never in a million years could have known the vuln in serenityos existed because of faulty ptrace function in the os.

I don't wanna give up because this field is crazy hot. People here are extremely smart. I wanna be that smart. But sometimes all I wanna do is put a bullet in head because of frustration. If you ever experienced like me and overcame to become a pro, I'd like to hear from you xd

submitted by /u/AmanJain27
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3upIB7w

Comments