How difficult would it be to remove a news story from a small, local, online news media website?

Long story short- When I was a minor I was charged with an offense that was found to be improper, and that was subsequently dropped. The local media ran away with the story, reported a plethora of incorrect information, and destroyed my reputation. I recently graduated multiple STEM degrees, and have some extremely good job offers. However, I'm worried that a simple google search could destroy my career.

How difficult might it be to remove those stories? I've tried contacting the media outlets responsible, and so far those that have responded declined to remove the stories. I've looked into online services that claim to be able to assist in removal or burial of the google results, but such services tend to be expensive, and I'm not sure how reliable they would be. Any other options would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/MarquisDeVice
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/2YeyT92

Comments