Where would you start?

I'm ready to eat a bullet.

I've been using a macbook for years and had to switch out to a Window10 machine due to specs. IT gave me one last month that is locked down like crazy. With my macbooks I was always able to get them before IT and set them up myself, but since I'm not physically there they got their hands on it and implemented pretty strict security.

So I was just using my macbook while it worked with the plan to get admin access later. Unfortunately my macbook crashed and I need to create a bootable USB just to get my files off. And I can't even run an EXE on this Windows machine to do that! It's infuriating.

It's a dell laptop with secure boot and password. I have user privilege's only. It's Windows 10 enterprise 19042.685 I'm running through my usual CTF tricks (unquoted service paths, etc.) but nothing so far. I'm very much not someone who is comfortable hacking a windows environment.

Where would you start?

submitted by /u/runningQ
[link] [comments]

from hacking: security in practice https://ift.tt/3aFn8zF

Comments